From the beginning of the project, REPLUG worked side-by-side with the Winelivery tech and marketing team to understand the right growth levers, while, at the same time, keeping transparent communication with the executive team to track results.
To successfully solve in a timely manner all the challenges that Winelivery was facing from a CRM perspective, our team decided to structure the project in two phases:
- Audit of CRM structure and conversion funnel
- Implementation of identified growth levers to increase in-app KPIs performance
In the audit phase, our team focused specifically on mapping out all the crucial in-app events that would lead to the 1st purchase and eventually repeated purchase. To do this, we analyzed the user conversion funnel, identifying important in-app conversion points and how the tech tools implemented in the digital infrastructure of the Winelivery app (MMP, Database, CRM) were communicating.
Thanks to the conversion funnel analysis, our team was able to pinpoint immediate improvements in the onboarding process that led to the user registration. By redesigning this experience, together with the Winelivery tech team, we managed to see a small initial improvement in the registration rate and a reduction in drop-offs.
In the implementation phase, REPLUG focused on firstly analyzing existing communication flows done by the Winelivery team, as a mean to identify immediate solutions. After discussing with the executive team, however, we decided to move in a different direction, restructuring the user journeys to try improving results in the short-term.
Our team acted systematically by streamlining the interactions (emails, push notifications, in-app messages) with users in different life stages. We started by analyzing the different segment behaviors and then moved on to understanding the usual time of conversion between the different in-app KPIs.
In developing the CRM growth strategy, our retention team focused on:
- Creating an automated journey in order to maximize the registration rate by presenting in-app messages and push notifications at the right moment.
- Utilizing an automated combination of emails, push notifications, and in-app messages, with specific user discounts, to increase in-app interactions and move the users from the registration point to the purchase point.
- Implementing deep linking to redirect users to the right in-app point
- Implementing a ferocious A/B test structure for the most part of the communications, in order to get learnings and improve every single step of the automated communications as well the on-time comms